How to Curate: A Quick Guide
One of the things we do at the MediaThon is provide a weekly roundup of media news for this blog. We curate information about media creation, business and technology that’s useful and interesting. Here’s a quick view of the process.
When selecting material, ask yourself:
- Is it indicative of a larger trend?
- Is there a new and important angle?
- What could this mean for the our community of content creators, distributors, businesspeople, technologists and others?
In writing it up:
- Be brief, concise and pithy.
- Pick out and quickly say the most salient details.
- Look the for the context, or something from inside to pull out and highlight.
- Look for the opportunity it presents! It may be a business opportunity, the possibilities for the community, or a potential personal opportunity.
I hope this helps. If you have more ideas on best practices to curate, feel free to let us know.